I believe that everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the people that come here are looking for a recipe or a restaurant…but if they used the word "sofrito" in their search, it really just means that they are trying to connect with our culture, and that what we do.
If that is the case, you are in the right place…but first let me not disappoint the people that really just came to get info about SOFRITO NY…here is their commercial.
Now for those still curious about my site, this website is really here to feed your soul. I do that by writing articles about history, culture, technology, community events, artwork, music, trends and so much more.
On Sunday's I have this column…(the one you are reading) called Sunday Sofrito in which I really just summarize some things that have happened, that I think you would want to know about. This section is really about promoting other sources of information in which I sometimes get my information from. This is my way of promoting the Latino Blogosphere…but remember…just because I sent you to another blog does not mean I do not want you here…I am just opening up your eyes to new and exciting voices on the web…
As I am,
The Urban Jibaro
Here is your Sunday Sofrito
- Motivating and engaging Spanish speaking students in Colorado
- On that same note: Chicago Language Program Helps Suburban Latinos
- and again…this is why…Just listen to Lucy.
- La Reina del Barrio, Rhina Valentin returns from maternal leave, to host OPEN
- R.I.P. Reading Rainbow??? What??? But… (click here for a list of Latino books we never got to see)
- The 4th Annual Alma Awards announces it's Honorees.
- Listen to Yo Soy Latino interview me on their show…
- In Illinois: La Casa Cultural Latina to celebrate 35th anniversary
- Please help save El Maestro, Juan Laporte's Boxing Gym in the Bronx
- Canadian Latino Expo has a great deal for music loves
- Hissip.com's weekly Link Cariño section has a lot more sabor for you…check it out!
- Last but not least… NYC: Please support us at Por Tu Familia's Feria De Salud in the Bronx
- if you are interested in volunteering, email us at SofritoSubmissions@gmail.com
Hasta el proximo Domingo….
Have a tip for Sunday Sofrito?, Email us at SofritoSubmissions@gmail.com