I saw this late last night and I know so many of you are struggling to figure out how that tuition will get paid…and many of you are talented. This may be a good option for you or someone you know. Use the social bar to post on Facebook or Twitter.
Have a great Monday…
The Urban Jibaro
If you really want to know more about me, you can visit my social services profile.
The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU) and the producers of The Hispanic College Quiz have announced the launch of a video contest for undergraduate students to submit their personal Hispanic heritage video for a chance to receive a scholarship award ranging from $1,000 – $5,000.
Submissions must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The student must be an undergraduate student
- The student must be enrolled at a HACU-member college or university in the United States at the time video is submitted and scholarship awarded
- Video entry must be uploaded atwww.hispaniccollegequiz.com, May 12 – Oct. 16
- Video entry must be a personal video, in English, that captures the importance of student’s Latino/Hispanic heritage
- Video length must be 1-2 minutes
Three entries whose videos capture the most compelling message and receive the most public votes will receive one of the following one-time scholarship awards: first place – $5,000, second place – $2,500, and third place – $1,000. Finalists will receive one round-trip airfare, hotel accommodations and a conference registration to attend the Student Track component of HACU’s 25th Annual Conference taking place Oct. 29-31, 2011 in San Antonio, TX, where the scholarship awards will be announced. Some additional video entries may also be televised during a nationwide broadcast of the Hispanic College Quiz, airing during Hispanic Heritage Month.
Information on contest rules and voting is available at www.hispaniccollegequiz.com. Public voting will open immediately and continue through Oct. 16. Voting is limited to one vote per person per day.