About the Event
poetic, musical and dance exhibition event showcasing established and
upcoming female artists at The World Famous NuYorican Poets Café. In
celebration of empowerment through the artistry of women, “The Sense of
a Woman” will feature seven phenomenal women and one dance group of
various ages performing poetry, music and dance. These women come from
diverse walks of life but share one common thread, artistic expression.
This evening will prove to be a night of woman empowerment.
* Hosted by the multi-faceted Rhina “La Reina” Valentin.
* Featuring “TRUE” of the premier Latino Poetry group “El Grito De Poetas”.
* The always inspiring poetry of Adele Ramos.
* Educator and Inspirational Poet Seary.
* Sultry Vocalist and Songwriter Jessie Rose.
* 10 year old Poetic MC Nene Ali.
* Cultural Dance Exhibit by ERO Dancers.
* Special performance by Caridad “La Bruja” De La Luz founder of Latinas4Life.
FOR LIFE is an initiative being led by Bronx-born Poet/Actress/Hip-Hop
MC/Activist Caridad “La Bruja” De La Luz. The aim of the program is to
engage artists, activists, media personalities and successful Latina
role models from the business world in a dialogue with the alarming
population of Latina’s who are most at-risk for dropping out of High
Boricuation is a Cultural Foundation dedicated to
educating the public on Puerto Rican history, culture & social
issues affecting the Latino populace. With a focus on our youth, our
goal is to make positive change through action, education and art
created by Puerto Ricans.
LATINOSNYC mission is to help others
in life that may not have what others may take for granted. LATINOSNYC
collects slightly used clothes and send them where they are needed.
LATINOSNYC spreads the word on HIV/AIDS, Domestic Violence and Suicide
Awareness, Substance Abuse and Feeding the Homeless whether at his
employment or through his poetry events throughout NYC, NY.