Bobby González is a nationally known multicultural motivational speaker, storyteller and poet. Born and raised in the South Bronx, New York City, he grew up in a bicultural environment. Bobby draws on his Native American (Taino) and Latino (Puerto Rican) roots to offer a unique repertoire of discourses, readings and performances that celebrates his indigenous heritage.
Bobby has lectured at many institutions including Yale University, the University of Alaska-Fairbanks and the University of Alabama-Huntsville. As a storyteller he’s had the privilege of performing at Carnegie Hall, the Museum of Television & Radio and the Detroit Institute of Arts. He has given poetry readings at the National Museum of the American Indian, the University of North Dakota and the Nuyorican Poets Café. Read Bobby's entire bio here
"As an individual proud of his Native American, Latino, African and European ancestry, Bobby Gonzalez is a messenger of hope, pride and love of diversity."
Topics currently available include;
- Hope, Pride & Love of Diversity
- Embrace Your Roots: Create a New Future by Drawing on Your Heritage
- From the South Bronx to Yale University & Carnegie Hall: a Nuyorican's Journey of Accomplishment."
Exploring Cultural Diversity in Native America
- The Taino, the Native Americans Who Discovered Columbus
- The Indigenous History of Latin America
- The American Holocaust: Columbus to Chiapas
Interested In Booking Bobby For Your Function?
Email us at BobbyGonzalez@SofritoMediaGroup.com
(photo credit: Elena " Mamarazzi" Marerro)